Want To Become a Foster?
Interested in becoming a foster home for a dog or cat in need?
Dedicated foster homes are integral for supporting our furry residents that need a little extra love and care, or who are not thriving in the shelter environment. This means that we need qualified individuals who are skilled with scared or reactive animals that have had a lousy start in life. Other animals need fostering because of health issues that need consistent monitoring, or routine administration of medications.
- Please fill out our foster application, and make sure to indicate whether you are interested in fostering a cat, a dog, or both!
- Once you have submitted your application, you can expect to receive an email within a few business days with an update on the status of your application.
- Before fostering begins, we will require a police criminal record check. Details will be provided if your application is approved.
- Open Paws training will be provided for those selected to foster a dog.
- Please review our animals currently available for foster, and feel free to indicate your interest in a specific animal upon approval of your application. Likewise, we will reach out if we feel we have an animal that would be a suitable fit for your home.
Thank you so much for your interest in helping out our dogs and cats that need some extra love and attention!
*Please note that if you are interested in adoption, please fill out our adoption application instead. We generally do not consider foster home placement for animals who are doing well at the Centre, as it decreases their exposure to the public and therefore likelihood of adoption*