- Educators will visit classrooms from Pre-School to Grade 12.
- Presentations will focus on Pet Responsibility and Humane Treatment and other topics specific to age, grade and school curriculum.
- Presentation for Pre-School to Kindergarten is 30 min in length others 1 hour.
- Choosing the Right Pet- Age 6 + Adult
- Dog and Cat Body Language – Age 6+ Adult
- Don’t waste Puppy and Kitten hood - Age 6 + Adult
- Know your Species – All ages
- Pet 101 – Pre-School and Kindergarten
- Pet Responsibility - Age 6 + Adult
- Spay and Neuter - Age 10+
- Well Mannered Dog is Safer Dog in Community – Age 6 + Adult
Tours of BVSPCA
One-hour tour of facility includes:
- Orientation of BVSPCA: Cat and Dog intro/Level 1 Open Paws Dog Training Available for visitors ages 6 to Adult
- Waivers are required for anyone participating in tour of BVSPCA. Anyone under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult
Humane Education for Kids
The Humane Treatment Education Program is aimed at grade school kids and has several elements.
- Educational kits are available at the Carla Cumming Sojonky Adoption Centre. These kits have a variety of teaching aids as well as instructions for use. Elementary teachers will find more than adequate material to develop their own module for Humane Treatment of animals.
- Several modules have been developed by our Education Committee and can be delivered by qualified volunteers. These presentations are approximately 40 minutes.
Seminars and Workshops
Our seminars and workshops are designed for adults and use an adult education model. We cover a variety of topics from pet first aid to teaching "brain games" for dog owners.