How to Volunteer
Want to Change Lives?
The success of the Bow Valley SPCA values and depends significantly on community volunteer involvement and effort. A large volunteer base of well-trained, highly engaged animal advocates is essential and forms the basis of our non-profit operation.
We are committed to providing care and protection for stray and abandoned cats and dogs. We have an animal wellness focus and provide education to prevent cruelty and to promote humane attitudes towards animals, throughout the valley.
A successful volunteer base includes individuals with a wide range of skills, abilities, interests and experience – what can you bring to our organization?
Volunteer needs vary over time and throughout the year, below please find just some of the areas we could currently use additional volunteers:
- Ambassadors both at the Centre & within the community
- Animal Care Attendant Helpers
- Cat Cuddlers/ Kitty Care
- Centre Greeters
- Computer tech
- Dog Walkers (Open Paw training is a pre requisite, following orientation – click here for more information)
- General Maintenance
- Graphic design
- Presenters for our educational programming
- Recycling – bottles from on & off site, plus Centre items (cans, paper products, plastics etc.)
- Special events planning and execution
- Yard work
The first step to take if you plan to volunteer is to participate in a volunteer orientation program, sign up here for the next available session:
Contact us at email@example.com with any questions.