How to Volunteer
Join our volunteer team to support stray and abandoned cats & dogs!
The success of the Bow Valley SPCA values and depends significantly on community volunteer involvement and effort. A large volunteer base of highly engaged animal advocates is essential and forms the foundation for our non-profit operation.
We are committed to providing care and protection for stray and abandoned cats and dogs. We have an animal wellness focus, provide education to prevent cruelty and promote humane attitudes towards animals, throughout the valley.
A successful volunteer base includes individuals with a wide range of skills, abilities, interests and experience – what can you bring to our organization?
Volunteer needs vary over time and throughout the year, below please find just some of the areas we could currently use additional volunteers:
- Ambassadors, both at the Centre & within the community
- Animal Care Attendant Helpers
- Cat Cuddlers/ Kitty Care
- Centre Greeters
- Dog Walkers (Open Paw training is a pre requisite, following new volunteer orientation)
- General Maintenance/ Poop Patrol/ Yard work
- Graphic design
- Presenters for our educational programming
- Recycling – bottles & cans from on & off site, plus Centre items (paper, plastics etc.)
- Special events planning and execution
Ready to get involved?
- Click here to complete your Volunteer Application Form
- Sign up here for the next available new Volunteer Orientation session: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e094ca8a82dabfd0-bowvalley
- Provide Criminal Record Check or Vulnerable Sector Check (form will be provided at the end of orientation)
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.